A generation ago, flying first class meant you were living in the lap of luxury.
You had ample legroom, a flight attendant to bring cold drinks and hot towels, and the privilege of boarding before coach passengers.
Flying first class today, however, is not as glamorous. Hot meals are a rarity, on-time rates are among the lowest in three decades and you still have to lug your bags through security checkpoints. And with COVID-19 still impacting our community, the last place you want to be is stuck inside a crowded plane with 150 or more people.
Before the pandemic, the consulting firm McKinsey & Company estimated that 90% of those who could afford to fly privately opted for commercial travel. Since March, however, many business and leisure travelers have foregone their elite status with commercial airlines to charter a private jet. Once they’ve flown with Elite Jets, many don’t go back to commercial airlines.
The pandemic has created more demand for charter companies. Elite Jets is handling more flights each week and increasing, they recently hired six more pilots based at the company’s private terminal at Naples Airport (KAPF).
If you’re a first-time flyer with Elite Jets, here is what to expect:
- Safety: This has always been Elite Jets’ top priority, but our safety protocols now include additional sanitization procedures outlined by the CDC and FAA. Our new fogging disinfection process kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and allergens. We use EPA-approved disinfectants to clean arm rests, tray tables, seatbelts, window shades and lavatories after each flight. Our Phenom jets capture and treat outside air rather than continuously circulating cabin air like commercial aircraft. For a complete list of our enhanced cleaning procedures, see our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Convenience: Passengers can enjoy ample, free parking just steps from the terminal. You don’t need to arrive two hours early to park, go through security and rush to your gate – five or 10 minutes early is all you need. There are no connections in busy airports. Private jets can fly into regional airports that often are closer to passengers’ final destinations.
- Service: Our White Diamond Service works in advance of your flight, configuring entertainment systems, detailing meal choices and selecting snacks. Our drivers can pick up passengers at their residence and drive them to the airport in style. Passengers can elevate their onboard experiences with a personal cabin attendant.
- Luxury: On board, passengers enjoy high-speed Wi-Fi, a fully stocked bar and a digital entertainment system to watch movies, TV shows and news. Elegant interiors feature plush leather seats that are full recliners, as well as personalized temperature controls.
- Baggage: There are no limits on carry-on or checked luggage, and you don’t need to visit baggage claim upon arrival – your suitcases will be ready and waiting for you. Household pets are welcome on board, too.
- Experienced pilots: The Elite Jets team has experience flying commercial, private and cargo planes, and some also serve as flight instructors. Additionally, Elite Jets pilots have more than seven times the amount of hours as compared to the average professional pilot and they utilize a full-motion simulator for additional practice.
- Privacy: On a private jet, it’s just you and your traveling party. The lack of distractions and ultra-quiet cabins allow passengers to focus on their conversation or catch up on work. Our aircraft even have video conferencing capabilities to stay connected with those on the ground.
The experience of flying in a private jet is comparable to riding in a limousine, staying in the penthouse suite at a 5-star resort or having a butler tend to your every need. It’s enjoyable, memorable and makes you want to do it again as soon as possible.
To check availability or begin designing your personalized flight plan, please call 239-900-9000, email charter@EliteJets.com or complete our easy-to-use Quick Quote online form.