Flying privately with Elite Jets has never been safer. Passengers have always noted the spotless, impeccably clean interiors of our aircraft and advanced training of our pilots. Now, Elite Jets has taken passenger safety to the next level.
COVID-19 inspired industry-wide changes to air travel. The flying public is apprehensive about returning to flight. Elite Jets has always gone above and beyond to create an enhanced level of safety and cleanliness environment. We do not want our passengers to just FEEL safe; we want them to BE safe.
Elite Jets maintains an Argus Platinum Rating, the highest safety level for air charter operators. The company also is registered with the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (ISBAO) and the WYVERN safety data network. Elite Jets follows all CDC and FAA recommendations to ensure a sanitized cabin environment.
Whether you are considering your first flight of 2021 or your fifth, we wanted to share some of our new “Safety Protocols and Sanitization Procedures.” They include four components:
- Elite Jets personnel are certified to treat aircraft electrostatically with MicroShield 360. The clear, colorless and odorless solution creates a permanent antimicrobial coating on all surfaces. It eliminates mold, odors and bacteria from seats, armrests and other touchpoints.
- Aircraft undergo regular fogging disinfection processes using Bioesque. This botanically based solution kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and allergens.
- Members of the safety and maintenance team use medical grade disinfectant wipes and EPA-approved disinfectants after each flight. They thoroughly clean arm rests, tray tables, seatbelts, window shades, and lavatories.
- Only the flight crew, maintenance team, cleaning personnel and passengers are allowed on board.
- Maintenance and cleaning teams wear PPE while servicing the aircraft.
- Cleaning teams bag and dispose of all waste after each flight.
- Private jets discharge cabin air into the atmosphere while capturing and treating fresh air.
- Service teams pre-package food and beverages prior to each flight, and bring all items on board in sealed containers. No catering items are left on board.
- Crews are instructed to observe and report passengers displaying potential symptoms of COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer and PPE is available for passengers.
- A single team member hand-carries luggage from the terminal to the aircraft.
- Elite Jets does not permit employees to work if they show any symptoms of illness. This includes a temperature above 100.4 degrees, cough, shortness of breath or potential exposure to an individual with COVID-19.
- Elite Jets’ private terminal at Naples Airport has a secure, private entrance only available to Elite Jets passengers.
- Cleaning teams sanitize chairs, doors, handles and touchpoints throughout the day.
- Automatic sensors open and close exterior doors.
- Magazines and brochures in the reception area are for one-time use only.
- Amenities like snacks and drinks are individually packaged and provided to passengers.
- Staff members clean and sanitize restrooms multiple times daily.
- Team members must wear protective face masks at work and in any public settings.
- Staff maintain social distance from passengers, colleagues and non-family members.
- Employees wash and sanitize their hands regularly, and wear disposable gloves whenever possible.
- Management encourages employees to stay home if they have a fever, cough or experience any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Team members avoid large crowds or settings where it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
- Pilots are paired to fly on the same shifts, thus limiting exposure.
For questions or to make a reservation, please call us at 239.900.9000 or visit our Contact Us page.
Aviation industry recovering from COVID-19 challenges, changes COVID-wary seasonal residents return to Southwest Florida... on private jets